How to Buy on eBay Using Crypto
Table of contents
Looking for a way to spend your cryptocurrency to buy items on eBay? Well, with a service called Bitrefill you can use your Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and more to buy eBay gift cards, which can be used to purchase products from eBay directly.
No need to waste time converting your coins into Australian dollars through an exchange before you can go shopping. That’s the slow way!
Bitrefill provides a quick service to allow you to spend your crypto at popular outlets Australia-wide. It does this through offering a number of different gift cards and digital goods across Australia’s favourite retail stores and online marketplaces.
Why Use Bitrefill to Shop on eBay?
It’s clear that Aussies love shopping on eBay. The website gets around 61 million visits every month, closely followed by Amazon at 28 million.
Some advantages of using Bitrefill include:
- Quick and easy. You can purchase a gift card and make a purchase on eBay in less than two minutes (see video below). This is much quicker and simpler than using an exchange to sell coins for dollars and then waiting for withdrawals to process to your bank account before placing your order.
- No accounts required. All you need to have is a valid email address for receiving your gift card. That’s it. No lengthy sign-up processes. No excessive personal information shared.
- No Fees. The price that you see on the product page is what you pay, compared to exchange fees when converting between crypto>fiat or even sometimes withdrawal fees.
- Earn Rewards. When using Bitrefill to buy an eBay gift card, you can earn 1% back on your purchase in Satoshis. Earn Bitcoin while shopping!
How to Buy on eBay Using Crypto via Bitrefill
Using Bitrefill to shop on eBay could not be easier. Follow the simple step guide on the video tutorial to make your eBay purchase in under one minute!
Step by Step Guide
Follow these instructions to buy eBay items with cryptocurrency:
- Go to Bitrefill – Visit bitrefill.com on your desktop or mobile browser, or download the iOS or Android mobile apps.
- Select eBay – Select eBay from the top products area.
- Enter amount – Enter your dollar amount you wish to purchase, enough to cover your item. Click “add to cart” and then click “checkout”.
- Select the cryptocurrency – Select your crypto payment method, such as Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Lightning, Ether (ETH), Binance Pay, USDT or other.
- Make the payment – A QR code will appear showing the payment address to send your crypto to, or you can select a wallet such as Binance, Coinbase, Trust Wallet, Trezor, Ledger or other.
- Use voucher to purchase item – Checkout your item at eBay.com and enter your Bitrefill voucher code.
- Confirm your order – Confirm your order and shipping address and you’re all done!
See the screenshots below which show the steps explained above.
Q: If my item costs less than my voucher, what happens to the remaining value? The remaining value difference between the cost and voucher stays on the voucher so it can be used for a future purchase. eBay supports using multiple vouchers per checkout.
Q: What cryptocurrency payment methods are supported? Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Lightning, Ether (ETH), Binance Pay, USDT, Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), or Dash. More help on payments can be found on the Ordering/Payments help page.
Q: How long does it take for my gift card to arrive? Upon confirmation of payment you will receive a receipt email with your Gift Card code/PIN, typically in less than one minute.
Q: Do I need a Bitrefill account to use the services? While an account is not required to shop, registering a Bitrefill account allows you to keep a balance with us, which can be used to purchase any of our offered products or services without having to pay blockchain transaction fees, and without having to wait for payment confirmation. You can also earn ‘sats back’ on most purchases which are automatically credited to your account and useable on future purchases.
Shopping with crypto doesn’t need to be hard, thanks to Bitrefill and their wide range of gift cards and digital products. Not only is it easier, cheaper and more convenient but you can also protect your personal privacy by using gift cards when shopping both instore and online.
You can stay up to date with the latest news by giving them a follow on Bitrefill Twitter.