How to Buy Bitcoin? for beginners
This is a simple beginners guide for people who haven't bought Bitcoin before and are interested in learning about how and where you might buy it and store it safely within Australia.
Before you start
- Read our guide on What is Bitcoin and how it works.
- Read our guide on How to stay safe when buying Bitcoin.
Steps to Buy Bitcoin
Sign up for a Free CoinJar Account
In just a few clicks, you can Sign up to CoinJar and create your account. You should get a confirmation link to your email once you’ve registered.
Get Verified for Bitcoin Purchase
Before you can buy BTC, you’ll need to verify your account. How? Simply upload your passport/drivers licence, or other ID documents. Once approved and cleared, you are free to buy Bitcoins.
Deposit Australian dollars into your CoinJar using PayID or BPAY from your bank account.
Now you can buy Bitcoin instantly.
Need more help? Please see How to Setup a Bitcoin Account with CoinJar for a more detailed guide with screenshots should you need more help you can get personal tech support from the CoinJar Support Team.
All places you can buy Bitcoin
This is a complete list of all the types of places you can buy Bitcoin in Australia.
- Buy Bitcoin online through Cryptocurrency Exchanges.
- Buy Bitcoin in person at Bitcoin ATMs.
- Invest in Bitcoin through your Superannuation.
- Buy Bitcoin in person through over the counter (OTC) crypto exchanges.
- Exchange Bitcoins for gold or silver at selected bullion dealers.
- Buy Bitcoin on your mobile through a bitcoin trading app.
- Earn Bitcoin through bitcoin mining.
- Earn Bitcoins through affiliate programs.
- Get paid in Bitcoins - find a job that pays in bitcoin
- Buy Bitcoin from friends and family who may want to sell.
Disclaimer: Please note that Crypto news does not endorse any of the options above, it is provided as information only. A list of the ways it might be possible to get Bitcoin. Please seek professional financial advice before investing in Cryptocurrencies.