Binance just published 2021 Global Crypto User Index – a global survey on 61,000 crypto user around the world showing data on their motivations, behaviors and preferences.
Here are some of the main takeaways:
Crypto user demographics
- 95% of users were male
- 41% are qualified with at least an undergraduate degreee
Reason for buying crypto
- 52% consider crypto as a means of income
- 48% consider crypto investing as a hobby
- 38% own crypto because they distrust the current financial system
- 39% of cryptos are just bought and then HODL’ed
- Only 3% of users regretted buying crypto
- BTC is held by 66% of users who own any crypto (30% of which allocate only 1-20% to BTC)
- 35% of users held no BTC in their portfolio (and only 2% were 100% in BTC only)
- BNB and ETH were the other popular coins held at 57% and 56% respectively
- DeFi is most popular in Southeast Asia, where over 52% of users are using dApps
- 78% of users would rather use bank coins instead of stablecoins
- 60% of users keep their crypto on exchanges
- 26% store in cold wallets
- 11% store in hot wallets
- 3% other
You can view the full report here.
Disclaimer: The content and views expressed in the articles are those of the original authors own and are not necessarily the views of Crypto News. We do actively check all our content for accuracy to help protect our readers. This article content and links to external third-parties is included for information and entertainment purposes. It is not financial advice. Please do your own research before participating.