Jack Dorsey has hinted that Twitter will integrate the Bitcoin layer 2 payments Lightning Network.
- The Twitter founder had tweeted his appreciation for Lightning-Network powered messaging app Sphinx Chat, prompting a follower to ask for the network to be built into BlueSky or Twitter.
- "Only a matter of time," Dorsey replied.
- The Lightning Network is a layer atop the Bitcoin blockchain designed to enable faster and cheaper transactions by enabling user-generated channels for sending and receiving payments.
- Sphinx Chat is a wallet and encrypted messaging service that works over Lightning.
- It is unclear what an integration with Twitter would bring. One possibility is the use of micropayments, for which Twitter-enabled solutions have been developed.
- A long-time bitcoin (BTC, +0.61%) advocate, Dorsey recently announced on Twitter that his other company, payments firm Square, is considering making a hardware wallet.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.
Disclaimer: The content and views expressed in the articles are those of the original authors own and are not necessarily the views of Crypto News. We do actively check all our content for accuracy to help protect our readers. This article content and links to external third-parties is included for information and entertainment purposes. It is not financial advice. Please do your own research before participating.