Privacy web browser Brave are planning to build a Decentralized Exchange Aggregator which will enable its users to swap tokens using the browser.
The browser recently achieved more than 25 million monthly users, who can get rewards using the Basic Attention Token (BAT) and will now be able to receive further benefits, like discounts on transaction fees for BAT holders.
New features of the Platform include:
- A new, native Ethereum wallet implementation, replacing the existing Crypto Wallets in Brave.
- Redesign of the current UI with UX designed to reduce friction among accounts.
- Mobile as well as desktop support.
- Custom experiences for DeFi and NFT use-cases.
- Options for buying crypto with fiat payment methods such as credit/debit cards, bank accounts, and smartphone wallets.
Benefits of BAT token holders include:
- Discounts when utilizing BAT for paying transaction fees.
- Discounts for users that hold BAT balances in their wallet.
- Multi-chain support with many assets and blockchains.
One of our goals is to make tokens and crypto easy to use for all of our users. The custom DEX which we plan to explore could help achieve this goal by enabling users to exchange BAT and other assets at lower fees, and with better user interface and security, by being built into Brave.Brendan Eich, Brave CEO and co-founder
Good News for BAT HODLers
Fans, holders and HODLers of the BAT token were rewarded with a recent price jump since the announcement.
The new features will be the first of any web browser and will provide a new “decentralized web” for Brave users, including:
- BAT utility for search engines.
- Use of BAT for e-commerce.
- Use of BAT for VPN and various private communication platforms.
- BAT rewards for content verified on IPNS.
- Ability to use BAT for content pinning on IPFS (file sharing).
Take a look at the BAT Roadmap 2.0 for more information.
Disclaimer: The content and views expressed in the articles are those of the original authors own and are not necessarily the views of Crypto News. We do actively check all our content for accuracy to help protect our readers. This article content and links to external third-parties is included for information and entertainment purposes. It is not financial advice. Please do your own research before participating.